No more sinus lift - No More bone graft
Sinus Lift and its alternative - Tuberopterygoid and Basal Implant
What is Sinus Lift?
A sinus lift procedure is a surgery that adds bone height to the upper jaw in the area of molars and premolars. It is also sometimes called as sinus augmentation. Bone graft is added between the jaw and the maxillary sinuses, which are on either side of the nose. The sinus membrane is moved upward, or "lifted." to make room for the bone.
Reason for inadequate teeth in upper molar area.
When patients who have lost teeth in upper jaw, desire fixed teeth on dental implants; they find that they have lost a lot of amount of bone which was vital for anchoring teeth implants.
There are several reasons for loss of bone volume below the maxillary sinus.
- Time factor: Patient desiring to have dental implants in the upper jaw have to wait for 6 months to 1 year for the bone graft has to become bone. Only then crowns are placed on sinus lift dental implant. Sometimes when bone height is less than 3 mm, then only bone graft is done and after waiting for 6 months implant is placed. The crown is placed after another 6 months. So after sinus lift the patient gets a crown after 1 year.
- Cost of sinus lift: Sinus lift not only delays the treatment but also makes dental implant procedure expensive. As such, at our dental implant center we avoid doing sinus lift precoedure. With the pterygoid implants and basal implants the treatment is quick and the patient gets permanent teeth in 3 days at an affordable price.
- Bone graft failure has been common because of sinus lift complications.
Risk of tear of sinus membrane: The main risk of a sinus lift is that the sinus membrane may be punctured or torn. If the membrane is torn during the procedure, the surgeon will either stitch the sinus tear or place a patch over it. If the repair is not successful, your surgeon may stop the procedure and give the tear time to heal. The sinus lift is repeated once the membrane has healed. This usually takes a few months.-Infection of the bone graftOn rare occasions,
- Sinus lift involves repeated surgeries:
-Surgery for removing the bone from chin or other suitable area.
-Surgery for placing the bone graft between bone and sinus membrane.
-Surgery for placing the implant after 6-8 month.-Surgery to expose the implant then after 2 months.
Is Sinus Lift an Outdated procedure?
If you have been told that there is less bone in your upper jaw for dental implants, do not worry. The best solution for cases with severe bone resorption in upper jaw is pterygoid implant. Pterygoid implants are the best solution for patients requiring dental implants for upper jaw. Such patients were going for sinus lift or bone grafts as per old techniques. In a single procedure we place pterygoid implant and place the permanent crown in 3 days. As we use single piece implants the procedure is flapless and done under local anaesthesia.
Advantages of Tuberopterygoid Implants
- Eliminates the need of sinus grafting.
- No cantilevers from front teeth or implants.
- Efficient chewing is possible as teeth upto second molars are replaced. In cantilevers implant cases or in all-on -4 and all – on – 6 techniques 2nd molars are not replaced. If replaced then they are made as cantilevers which make the last implant weak and the bridge susceptible to fracture in the long run.
- Bone in pterygoid area is cortical in nature, and hence very strong and rigid allowing Immediate loading with permanent crown in 3 days.
- Single piece implants are used which are strong in comparison to conventional dental implants.
- All patients who want dental implants in upper jaw are good candidates as bone is always available in pterygoid area.
- Flapless technique is used, as such patients have no swelling or bleeding and patients need not stop blood thinners, if they are taking any.
- 5 years warranty given as strong single piece implants are being used in strong cortical bone.
- 100% success rate.
Tubeo pterygoid Implants avoids Traumatic Sinus Lift Procedure, provide Immediate Functional Teeth and save patient 6 months of time.